Motivation and Objectives
Call for Papers (.txt)
Aspect-Oriented Software Development (AOSD) is an increasingly important paradigm in software development
whereby novel notions of modularity and composition mechanisms are discussed with the goal of taming concerns
that crosscut traditional abstraction boundaries.
The importance of AOSD in the software engineering community has become evident with the realization of
several workshops, tutorials and six editions of the AOSD international conference. Over the last years,
the software industry has also given more attention to AOSD techniques. Many available software products,
such the JBoss application server and the Spring integration framework, have adopted the use of aspect-oriented
techniques to address crosscutting concerns (persistence, security, dynamic adaptation) encountered in the
development of server-side applications.
The Third Latin-American Workshop on Aspect-Oriented Software Development (LA-WASP 09) aims at bringing
together the Latin-American research community interested in topics related to AOSD to share and discuss
ideas, strengthen research group collaborations and identify new research opportunities.
The LA-WASP 09 workshop follows from the three successful editions of the Brazilian Workshop on AOSD
(WASP'04, WASP'05 and WASP'06) and the two Latin American previous editions (LA-WASP'07 and LA-WASP'08)
equally successful. Such events gathered researchers from all parts of Brazil, and from the LatinAOSD network
(Latin-American Network on Aspect-Oriented Software Development), sponsored by the Brazilian National Council
of Technological and Scientific Development (CNPq).
Topics of Interest
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Requirements Engineering (Early Aspects)
- Software Architectures, Product Lines and Frameworks
- Design Languages
- UML and Model-Oriented Architectures
- General-Purpose and Domain Specific Aspect Languages
- Software Processes
- Metrics and Assessment
- Reuse, Maintenance and Adaptability
- Software Verification, Validation and Testing
- Software Re-engineering and Refactoring
- Contracts, Components and Aspects
- Interference and Composition of Aspects
- Dynamic Configuration
- Computational Reflection and Metaprogramming
- Aspect-Oriented Middleware
- Formal Methods
- Development Methods
- Development Environments and Tools
- Industrial Applications of AOSD
- Practical studies involving AOSD
- Comparative Studies Between AOSD and Other Development Paradigms
- AOSD Education
- Submission Deadline: July 20, 2009 (Extended)
- Notification of acceptance: August 19, 2009
- Camera-ready copy due: August 26, 2009
- Workshop: October 04-05, 2009
LA-WASP 09 is a two-day workshop and will be strongly focused on discussion. The workshop program
includes international keynote speakers, technical paper presentations, poster exhibitions, structured
group discussions, and a panel.
LA-WASP 09 will be held in conjunction with the XXIII Brazilian Symposium on Software Engineering.
The event is open to any interested participant and registration must be done at the following web
site: SBES/SBBD 2009
The workshop proceedings will be published in the SBES'09 CD-ROM.